The construction work has been completed on the biggest mall in Europe and the new Westfield Stratford City shopping centre is now being fitted and prepared for the grand opening on September 13.
It is expected that between 8,500 and 10,000 permanent jobs will be created in Westfield Stratford when the new shopping centre opens and many companies have started to recruit. If you are thinking about getting a new job at Stratford City, you can start applying either through recruitment agencies or directly to companies opening new retails space.
Many companies have started to recruit and applicants are advised to start contacting agencies and retail companies to enquire about positions.
Example of jobs being advertised at the moment include:
- Retail Manager in fashion (£30k to £35k)
- Store Manager / Boutique Manager (£30k to £35k)
- Ladies and Menswear Fashion Store Manager (up to £40k)
- Assistant Manager
- Sales advisor / Sales Consultant in fashion
- Zara is looking for department managers
- The Carphone Warehouse is looking for a Branch Manager
- John Lewis, Waitrose and Marks & Spencer will need to recruit for the larger anchor shops.
- Bars and restaurants are also for chefs, waiting staff, restaurant managers.
Applicants can apply through agencies or specialist publications and websites.
If you are looking for a job in fashion as a store manager, assistant manager or sales advisor and you think that working in the newest shopping centre in East London will suit you, you can apply directly with retailers planning to open a new shop such as Next, Primark, New Look, Nike, Boots, River Island, Zara, Hollister, Superdry, Fashion Rocks, Gap, the Body Shop, Hobbs, Swarovski, Topshop, The Sting, H&M, Forever 21, Reiss, Republic, Adidas, Dorothy Perkins, Uniqlo, La Senza, Ann Summers, Monsoon, Quiz Clothing, Mothercare, Orange Mobile, Paperchase, Lakeland, Ernest Jones, Aldo or Esprit. There will also be demand for sales assistants and beauty experts at Boots, Toni & Guy Hairdressers, Ginger Group Haidressers, The Perfume Shop, Lush, Dermalogica and if you know about vitamins and healthy food, there will also be a new Holland & Barrett.